Investigations are ongoing today following a major fire at a former ballroom in Strokestown.
Emergency services attended the scene of the blaze which broke out shortly after 6pm yesterday evening at the former Magnet dancehall on Elphin Street.
The property was derelict having operated as a mushroom packaging and distribution centre until it closed in the early 2000s
Fire crews from Strokestown, Elphin and Roscommon town responded to the incident.
Local Senator Eugene Murphy said the building that was a blaze is located close to a lot of residential units.
"It's a building that a lot of people identify with in the town and firefighters from the across the Roscommon area with 16 firefighters in total attending the blaze. Of course it was very important that the fire was brought under control quickly because a lot of houses very close by and of course there is major supermarket close by as well."