News Editor - Northern Sound
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday 13th August 2021
The Number 1 radio station in Cavan and Monaghan has a vacancy for a News Editor - Northern Sound
The successful candidate will:
- Lead, develop, define and maintain the station’s on air and digital presence, through quality and consistency across a variety of platforms in sourcing, breaking and reporting on news in Cavan and Monaghan
- Excellent editorial judgement
- Working knowledge of media law
- Work as part of, and support the wider Newsroom, in the compilation of News & Current Affairs content including two daily speech programmes
- Possess strong people management and excellent communications skills
- Work as part of the wider management team at Shannonside FM
- Will also have a minimum of 3 years’ experience at a senior level role in a newsroom
- Will have a full driving licence
- Have a good knowledge of the Cavan and Monaghan region.
To apply, send your CV and short voice demo to [email protected]
Northern Sound is an equal opportunities employer.