Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 8 additional deaths related to COVID-19.
Of the deaths reported today, 4 occurred in April, 2 occurred in February and 2 occurred in January or earlier.
The median age of those who died was 79 years and the age range was 43-92 years.
There has been a total of 4,820 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Wednesday 14th April, the HPSC has been notified of 309 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has now been a total of 242,402* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
With this evening's cases, 5 have been identified in Longford, less than 5 in Leitrim and no cases have been reported in Roscommon.
Of the cases notified today:
- 168 are men / 141 are women
- 71% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 35 years old
- 107 in Dublin, 30 in Kildare, 14 in Offaly, 21 in Meath,14 in Limerick and the remaining 104 cases are spread across 18 other counties**
As of 8am today, 184 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 51 are in ICU. 22 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 13th, 2021, 1,094,964 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 769,721 people have received their first dose
- 325,243 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.