The head of the HSE says 18-thousand people have availed of walk-in Covid-19 vaccination centres this weekend.
Paul Reid's tweeted 50 percent of those were aged 16 to 17 years old.
He says around 2.1million doses have been administered over the last 6 weeks.
Walk-in centres continue to operate today in 26 locations, with the service open to anyone over 16 who has yet to receive their first dose.
UCD Professor Julien Mercille of the Independent Scientific Advocacy Group says the centres have been a success.
An inspiring weekend for the vaccination programme. Over 18,000 people have availed of Walk In Centres so far. Continuing today in 26 locations. People of all ages attending, 50% aged 16-17 years old & 64% 19 or under. Approx. 2.1M vaccines administered in just 6 weeks. @HSELive
— Paul Reid (@paulreiddublin) August 2, 2021