If people in the Shannonside Northern Sound region are talking about it then Joe Finnegan is talking about it. And more often than not, people are talking about The Joe Finnegan Show!
Each weekday morning for close to 30 years Joe Finnegan has delved into, discussed and debated the issues that matter most to the people of counties Longford, Leitrim, Roscommon, Cavan and Monaghan and surrounding areas.
For Joe it’s all about listeners, they set the agenda. It’s their experiences, stories and opinions that matter and no subject is out of bounds!
Not only does Joe share problems, he and his team help solve them too. The programme also hosts regular guests offering free advice to listeners on general health, parenting, nutrition, cooking, legal issues and dental health.
During The Joe Finnegan Show you are listening to local people and local issues at their very best and sometimes worst. You are guaranteed to be informed, angered, irritated and maybe even shocked but always entertained.
Regular features include –
- Chef with Chef Sham from the Cottage Restaurant in Jamestown joins us twice a month to discuss all things culinary, including offering his best tips and tricks on how to make your life easier in the kitchen. (Fortnightly on Mondays)
- Our resident on-air GP Dr Illona Duffy from Swan Park Surgery in Monaghan joins us fortnightly on Tuesdays to offer general advice on your medical queries. (Fortnightly on Tuesdays)
- Nutritionist & Bio Resonance Practitioner Laura Thompson joins us in studio to discuss natural ways to live a healthier life. (Fortnightly on Wednesdays)
- Gardaí from Cavan Monaghan and Roscommon Longford Divisions seek the public’s help in solving crimes throughout the region on our monthly edition of Regional Crimeline. (Monthly on Wednesdays)
- Dentist Joanne O’Riordan of Church St Dental Clinic in Cavan joins Joe in studio to answer your teeth related queries and offer helpful tips and advice on best practice. (Fortnightly on Thursdays)
- Every Friday Joe discusses the biggest news stories and issues of the week with our panel featuring guests from all around the region, including those from the world of politics, business, sport, entertainment and most importantly, from our local communities.