A Roscommon mother is criticising the emergency services following a serious choking incident with her four-year-old son.
Roscommon woman Bianca faced an emergency situation yesterday when her 4 year old began choking after a grape lodged in his throat.
Despite immediately coming to the child's aid, the child's mother could not dislodge the grape and he began to lose consciousness.
The local woman claims 999 operators continued to ask questions while the child asphyxiated rather than offering advice or confirming an ambulance had been dispatched.
The mother decided to run across the road to the nearby Roscommon Hospital, with her son managing to dislodge the grape as they entered the facility.
Bianca described what happened to her on today's Joe Finnegan Show: