News

Dog owners warned after shocking Boyle poisoning death

Apr 8, 2021 17:04 By Shannonside News
Dog owners warned after shocking Boyle poisoning death Dog owners warned after shocking Boyle poisoning death
Share this article

A Boyle family is shocked and upset after their 4 year old spaniel died after picking up poisoned sausages on their own private land

Local dog owners are being warned to keep a close eye on what their pets might be eating when they're out on walks.

The warning comes following an incident in the Boyle area yesterday afternoon when a 4 year old Spaniel died soon after being brought for a walk by its owner on their private land.

The dog was taken to the vet after it became sick a short time after being in the fields but it died soon afterwards.

Advertisement

It's understood the dog had eaten sausages injected with a liver fluke medicine called Trodax which has been sometimes used as bait for foxes.

Neil Stewart says they have no idea of how the poisoned food ended up on their land:

Advertisement

 

Tags used in this article
Share this article
Advertisement
Advertisement

Shannonside Newsletter

Sign up now to keep up to date with the latest news.

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now! please check your email to confirm your subscription.

Copyright © 2021 Shannonside FM. Developed by Square1 and Powered by PublisherPlus