News

10,000 appointments cancelled at Saolta Hospitals this week following cyber attack

May 26, 2021 08:05 By Shannonside News
10,000 appointments cancelled at Saolta Hospitals this week following cyber attack 10,000 appointments cancelled at Saolta Hospitals this week following cyber attack
Share this article

Outpatient and radiology consultations will continue to be called off - and emergency departments will still experience long delays.

The HSE says the cyber-attack will continue to affect the health service for 'many more weeks' - despite some computer systems being restored.

About 10,000 appointments are being cancelled this week in the Saolta Group, which runs seven hospitals in the west and northwest.

It called off a similar number last week, due to the cyber attack.

Advertisement

Saolta chief executive Tony Canavan says this will have short and long-term consequences:

Tags used in this article
Share this article
Advertisement
Advertisement

Shannonside Newsletter

Sign up now to keep up to date with the latest news.

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now! please check your email to confirm your subscription.

Copyright © 2022 Shannonside FM. Developed by Square1 and Powered by PublisherPlus