Robbie Henshaw has been left out of the Irish team to face Scotland in the opening game of the Rugby World Cup in Yokohama, Japan on Sunday morning (KO: 08.45am Irish Time).
Rory Best captain’s the side and is partnered in the front row by Cian Healy and Tadgh Furlong. Iain Henderson and James Ryan are selected in the second row.
Peter O’Mahony, Josh van der Flier and CJ Stander named as the starting loose forwards. Conor Murray and Jonathan Sexton are named at half-back.
Bundee Aki and Garry Ringrose are the midfield combination with Jordan Larmour at full-back supported by Jacob Stockdale and Andrew Conway on the wings.
The replacements are Niall Scannell, Dave Kilcoyne, Andrew Porter, Tadgh Beirne, Jack Conan, Luke McGrath, Jack Carty and Chris Farrell.
Ireland v Scotland, Pool A RWC19, Yokohama Stadium
Sunday 22nd September, 2019
- Jordan Larmour (St Mary’s College/Leinster)
- Andrew Conway (Garryowen/Munster)
- Garry Ringrose (UCD/Leinster)
- Bundee Aki (Galwegians/Connacht)
- Jacob Stockdale (Lurgan/Ulster)
- Jonathan Sexton (St Marys College/Leinster)
- Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
- Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
- Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) Captain
- Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster)
- Iain Henderson (Queens University/Ulster)
- James Ryan (UCD/Leinster)
- Peter O’Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
- Josh van der Flier (UCD/Leinster)
- CJ Stander (Shannon/Munster)
- Niall Scannell (Dolphin/Munster)
- Dave Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster)
- Andrew Porter (UCD/Leinster)
- Tadhg Beirne (Lansdowne/Munster)
- Jack Conan (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
- Luke McGrath (UCD/Leinster)
- Jack Carty (Buccaneers/Connacht)
- Chris Farrell (Young Munster/Munster)