Chef Sham was in studio today sharing a recipe that sounds so fancy and impressive but is very easy to put together and a huge crowd-pleaser if you are serving up an early lunch or brunch and can’t decide what way to go! If you want to listen back to Chef Sham’s top tips that he shared with Joe today, click play below or you can scroll down for the full recipe.
Black Pudding Potato Croquettes with Chorizo & poached egg, bacon balsamic dressing.
- 100g chorizo
- 200g potatoes
- 100g black pudding
- freshly ground black pepper
- 50g flour
- 4 eggs
- 100-200g breadcrumbs
- Slice the chorizo and cook in a non-stick frying pan over high heat, turn it over , for 3 mins or until crisp.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks and add them to the pan.
- Cook the potatoes until tender but still firm (approx. 15 mins).
- Drain the potatoes and mash them (don’t add anything to the mash as this will make it harder to mould).
- Add the chorizo and black pudding and stir into the mash.
- Season well.
- Taking a mixture & shape into round shape..
- Put the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs onto separate plates.
- Roll each croquette in flour and shake off any excess.
- Dip each croquette into the beaten egg then into the breadcrumbs – repeat the last two steps to make sure there are no gaps in the coating.
- Deep fry the croquettes at 160C for 6-10 mins (depending on size). You can also fry the croquettes in a pan to colour the breadcrumbs and then cook them in an oven set to 180C/Gas4 for 10 mins.
- Once the croquettes are cooked, place them on some kitchen paper before serving with poached egg & Bacon Balsamic Dressing.