On Cookery Corner with Chef Sham this week- he gave his recipe for Lemon Polenta Cake.
8oz/225g caster sugar
4oz/110g desiccated coconut
4oz/110g ground almonds
Zest of 2 lemons
Juice of half lemon
1tsp baking powder
- Beat the margarine & sugar together until pale & fluffy.
- Add in 1 egg at a time & mix.
- Add in the polenta, desiccated coconut & ground almonds & fold in.
- Mix in the lemon zest & juice.
- Grease an 8inch tin & line with parchment paper
- Pour the mix into the tin & bake at 160•c for 30-40 mins.
- Leave to cool in tin for 10 mins.
- Remove from tin & serve with lemon curd & cream.
Take a listen here