Longford Councillor calls for extra help for those who want to build on their own land

Longford councillor Michael Carrigy is calling for special help to be given to people who want to build houses on their own land.

Councillor Carrigy says services in rural areas are not the same as in urban so anyone intending building in the countryside should be encouraged to do so.

Longford council is currently drafting its Development Contribution Scheme and as part of the process, it is engaging in public consultation.


Councillor Carrigy says with housing stock difficult to find, people need to be given help to build their own: