Gardai treating Longford house fire as ‘accidental’

Gardai in Longford are treating a house fire in the Teffia park area of the town last night as accidental.

The blaze broke out in the home in the busy residential area just before 7pm.

Local fire brigades rushed to the scene and got the blaze under control but it is understood that the house suffered some smoke damage

Advertisement

No injuries were reported and a technical examination of the scene is understood to have indicated that an electrical issue in the kitchen was the cause of the blaze.