Friday deadline for Ballinasloe community to oppose latest application for waste transfer permit

Members of the public in Ballinasloe are being urged to make a final push in the next few days in the continuing campaign against a planned waste transfer station in the town.

It’s the third time the “Ballinasloe Says No” group has had to mount a campaign against a waste station since it was first proposed in January of 2018.

The group has twice been successful in objecting to the plans and Galway County Council received 2,000 submission from concerned residents in the last campaign in 2019.

The council declined the application for a permit to operate a waste transfer facility in January of last year but a new application was lodged again late last year.

The deadline for people to lodge submissions on the development is this Friday January 15th and Senator Aisling Dolan says she hopes a large amount will be made once again…