The sale of the historic bishop’s palace in Ballaghaderreen has been completed.
Edmondstown House, a three-storey listed building that was built in 1864, was put on the market in 2011, with an asking price of €750,000.
The outgoing Bishop of Achonry, Brendan Kelly, confirms the building has now been sold for an undisclosed sum to a buyer who’s not from the area.
The clergy will vacate the premises in the coming weeks and the new bishop’s residence will be a former convent building in Convent Road, Ballaghaderreen.
Micheál Frain, the chairman of Ballaghaderreen Town Team, hopes Edmondstown House becomes accessible to the public under its new owner.